Image credit: Big Issue Korea
What is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving. Developed to counteract the mass consumerism of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the campaign celebrates generosity and kindness, encouraging you to contribute to the causes and organisations that are having a positive impact on people's lives, protecting our planet and mean something to you.
When is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday takes place on Tuesday 29 November 2022.
Why support us?
Across the world poverty and homelessness is set to rise as more people are pushed into poverty due to global and economic instability.The cost of housing, food and energy is rising at a rate that doesn’t match people’s income. Everyday, people are struggling to make ends meet, to eat and access essential services. On top of this, often they have little say in the policies that most affect them.
At INSP, we believe that everyone has the right to a home, to earn an income to provide for themselves and their families, to belong to a community and to be heard. Street papers are providing this.
We have supported over 390,000 people since 1989, and this year our street papers have put £17.9 million directly into the pockets of our vendors.
We support a network of 92 street paper organisations, in 35 countries who employ over 239 journalists and editors and over 460 freelance journalists, photographers and illustrators.
As an international community, we know that great things can happen when we work across borders, embracing the power of connection, generosity and kindness.
This Giving Tuesday, we want to continue to strengthen our network, sell more street papers, empower more people to elevate their lives and support independent media to change the world for the better.
How to support us this Giving Tuesday:
- Donate to us to help us support street papers and people in poverty around the world.
- Buy a street paper from your local vendor.
- Buy a piece of holiday merchandise from your local vendor. They can be thoughtful, ethical gifts and provide much needed additional income for vendors and street paper enterprises at this time of year.
- Subscribe to our newsletter.
- If you're booking an overnight trip on Booking.com, use our Hotels4Change link. Booking.com donates 5% of your booking to INSP at no cost to you.