Equity and Values
• We are committed to challenging inequality and social exclusion.
• We nurture creative and innovative approaches to social problems.
• We respect different approaches and perspectives and are committed to learning from each other.
• We are committed to socially responsible, transparent and ethical operations.
• We use our resources efficiently to maximise our impact.
• We respect our network of members and our board as their elected representatives.
• We are committed to fair pay and we value our staff, interns and volunteers.
• We are committed to providing a safe and dignified working environment for our staff, volunteers and network colleagues.
• We are opposed to all forms of unfair discrimination.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
INSP believes in fairness, equity, diversity and inclusion, both as an employer, and as a provider of support and leadership to the global street paper network.
We recognise that many forms of discrimination and oppression exist and we are committed to eliminating discrimination on the basis of gender, race, sexuality, age, disability, religion, belief or social class. We are committed to an approach of anti-racism and anti-oppression as central to our aspirations of social justice.
Equity means fairness in outcomes, not just in opportunity, so we will work with our network to create the conditions to advance equity, inclusion and diversity. We will work to embed these values into everyday practice, policies and procedures so that values and practices become the norm for our network.
To achieve this, we are committed to:
- Ensuring that that values of equity, diversity and inclusion are embedded in our strategy and leadership.
- Supporting and encouraging our network of organisations to adopt these values, policies and practices.
- Providing accessible services and support to our members, delivered in a way that respects the needs of individuals and does not exclude anyone.
- Engaging and supporting under-represented communities as we make decisions and take action.
- Promoting a culture that celebrates difference, ensures equitable communication, and nurtures relationship building and mutual respect.
- Continuing to develop our own internal employment policies and practices to ensure equity in recruitment and career development opportunities for staff.
- Building community partnerships that promote equitable outcomes in society.
- Working to build opportunities that support diversity in our staff, board of directors and the street paper movement.